Buying or selling property is a big step, especially in a foreign country. Different laws, tax systems and regulations could make the process a bit overwhelming. The easiest and most secure way to solve this is to have a local legal representative or a lawyer to oversee the whole process and keep your best interest their first priority.
There are NO risks when buying or selling a property in Spain, as long as it is done correct and in the right order.
Through our many years of experience, we know the process and can recommend several excellent companies and representatives. Do you already have one? No problem, we will assist and cooperate with any representative you may already have.
Ask us any questions that may arise and we can put you in contact with the right person, speaking your language.
Below is a short list of some of the services the lawyers and representative can help you with:
- Supervision and forming a reservation contract or a purchase contract
- Check of ownership
- Confirmation of the survey information
- Verification of outstanding debts, loans or building violations
- Bank guarantees (on new builds)
During the purchasing process:
- Assisting in obtaining an NIE (identification number for foreigners)
- Power of attorney
- Completion before a notary
- Recording in the Property Registry
- Management of all associated tax payments
- Opening of bank account
- Supervision of the mortgage and first occupancy license
- Civil liability insurance
- Support throughout the entire process
After-purchase services for new homeowners:
Assistance in communicating with:
- Utility companies; water, electricity and gas
- The community of owners and administration company
- Homeowner's insurance
- Translation and interpretation of correspondence
- Inheritance and wills
- Assist in sale of the property
- Cancellation of the mortgage
- Power of attorney
- Supervision of the reservation contract or the purchase contract.
- Reservation payments / deposits
- Retention claims
- Management of yearly tax payments
It might look complex at first, but dont worry. It is easier than it looks. We will guide you the whole way as your personal agent on the Costa Blanca.